Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Sunday

Sundays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week. J and I get up whenever we like, get dressed in our Sunday finest (shorts and a T-shirt), and walk two blocks to the neighborhood farmer's market.

 


This morning, we picked up broccoli, two huge ears of corn, tomatoes, onions, an Italian thin skin pepper (say wha?), three sweet peppers (I don't remember what kind), and a jalepeno... all organic and locally grown, and all for $15. J still thinks it's a little steep, but it's all I can do not to grab every colorful thing in sight.
 
We got coffee before we walked around. Then we got more coffee before we left.
 
 
We were certainly feeling self-indulgent this morning, courtesy of mild hangovers from yesterday's happy hour at the Irish Snug. Before we left, we picked up a little brunch. A cinnamon pretzel for Justin, and a Waffencheese for me.
 


I hope I'm not rubbing it in your face... Can you see why Sundays are growing on us? The farmer's market is open until October 27, so if you want to get a visit in, book your flights between 10/15 and 10/27! We're taking any and all visitors!!

In OTHER news - for our visitors - you will have an amazing couch to lounge/snooze/live on throughout your stay. J and I pulled the trigger on this beauty:


 
Crate and Barrel's Lounge Sofa. We had some gift cards from the wedding and it was on sale - 15% off. Plus our 10% off completion card, for a total of 25% off the normal price. All in all, we couldn't say no, and we've officially made our first big furniture purchase EVER, for either of us. We can't wait to get it in our living room and LOUNGE for hours. In case you didn't look it up, it's 93" long by 46" wide. Insane. We're going to be those people who have to look for a place based on whether their sofa will fit in the elevator/through the doorway/in the living room. Oh well, it will be worth it.
 
Up next on the Sunday menu is Stage 7 of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge. The route runs right by our apartment, and we're looking forward to catching some of the action.
 
I start my job on Wednesday, so I'll be enjoying my last days as an unemployed bum this week... but I am so glad that's over with! More on that at a later date. Sayonara!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment