Sunday, August 18, 2013

Staying Busy and Going Stir Crazy

Well... we've made it over two weeks in Denver and all is well. We're settling into our new place. We're in the process of buying our very first piece of furniture as ADULTS! A new couch. I am so excited. We have gift cards to Crate and Barrel from the wedding and have a few favorites. The big discussion right now is whether to go with a sleeper sofa or a regular couch and an air mattress. Prices are about the same... Thoughts?!

Our "quaint" kitchen. It's been plenty of room for us, and it's MUCH easier to keep clean than Ledgewood was. In fact, the whole place is easier to keep clean, which is nice.

 

Annnd the view from our balcony. Not much to look at, I know. Those condos in the picture are much nicer than ours, and sell for arrrrround half a mil. We pat ourselves on the back for our fabulous choice in location!


So that's our place. I know three pictures don't give enough information, but you'll just have to come visit and see for yourself.

J and I made a deal that we'd try one new thing/place/bar per week, minimum. Last week, we hit up happy hour at The Goosetown Tavern. It was pretty cool, a little "rustic." (How does one describe a bar that's clearly been around a while and clearly seen its share of good times?) It was somewhat dead, but I think it was 4:00 on a Tuesday, so no shocker there. Such is life of the unemployed. Next on my Goosetown list is trivia on a Sunday. Who's comin' with me?!

We had a few beers there and moved on - which, by the way, Denver is a beer town... at every place we've been so far, there is always a beer we haven't tried on tap and chances are the beer is from a local brewery. Also, it only takes a couple beers to get a pretty good buzz going because of 1) the quality and 2) the altitude. So far, so good.

After Goosetown, we headed to happy hour at R Bar (I can't find a website, weird). We had more beer, and some beef tenderloin bruschetta. Justin was a happy man.

Saturday night, Sarah (a friend from the Carolinas) invited me to a girls night. Six of us met for cocktails, and then walked to West End Tavern. Along with some brews, I got a crab cake and french fries with basil ranch - delicious! After that, we went back to the house and I proceeded to down a sixer, attempt to learn the electric slide for the 1,000th time, and stay up til 3am. Sunday was no fun... and I still don't know how to do the electric slide.

Since this post is already too long, I'll post about this week soon. In the meantime, I am going to go drown myself in New Girl Season 2 on Hulu. Thanks, Taylors!

No comments:

Post a Comment