Friday, August 12, 2011

Now Accepting Donations




American Red Cross calls me at least twice/week to donate blood. I've got a good blood type. Anyway, they drive me crazy, but I usually ignore their phone calls - unless they switch the number up on me (which does happen). They leave me this very sweet plea, asking for a blood donation, telling me the closest center and donation hours, and how I can help save lives... layin' it on thick!


So they leave this voice mail, and I've got Google Voice - so I receive #1! The missed call and voice mail, #2! A text, translating the voice mail , and #3! An e-mail notifying me of the Google voice message. OhMg - how many different ways can you make me feel guilty AND annoyed?

ANYWAY - My point is... I would probably respond to the voice mail a heck of a lot quicker if they yelled at me, and said, "Hello, Kourtini. This is Becky from the American Red Cross, and I was calling today to tell you what a horrible person you are. I hope you know that. Your blood could be saving babies' lives, and all you're doing is sitting around, writing a blog. Eating Triscuits." I mean, someone should really tell them to get a little aggressive. Switch it up. We're in a recession - people respond to that kind of stuff.

[Don't read this if needles make you queasy: I may be a terrible person for not donating as frequently as I can; however, last time I donated, the guy forgot one of the most important steps! I was done and he pulled the needle out, and then had to stick another one right back in to get my test vials filled. Oops upside your arm! It was awful. And with all this heat, I am also worried about fallin out. I know, excuses, excuses.]

Well. I think I've sufficiently guilted myself into going and donating. Persistence pays off, Becky.

1 comment:

  1. I like to give blood and have them replace what's missing with liquid awesomeness........

    ReplyDelete